DOG HEALTH INFORMATION & RESOURCES: NUTRO™ NATURAL DOG FOODS
Dog Articles & Resources
The NUTRO™ Company wants to help you become an even better pet parent by helping you understand your dog and proper nutrition. Browse our articles and resources to learn about the benefits of natural dog food.
Food Selection & Feeding
- WHEN IT COMES TO NUTRITION, BREED SIZE MATTERS
- SWITCHING YOUR DOG FOOD IN SIX DAYS : NUTRO™ DOG HEALTH & INFORMATION RESOURCES - THE NUTRO™ COMPANY
- NUTRIENTS YOUR DOG NEEDS EVERY DAY
- THE BALANCE BETWEEN TREATS AND MEALS
- DID YOU KNOW YOUR DOG’S NUTRITIONAL NEEDS CHANGE OVER TIME?
- TAKE THE MYSTERY OUT OF DOG FOOD LABELS
Proteins are essential nutrients used to promote muscle development, aid in tissue repair, provide energy and support a healthy immune system in all animals. During digestion, the body breaks down dietary protein into amino acids. Different species have different daily requirements for amino acids. Dogs need even more protein than humans.
Thanks to modern veterinary care and scientifically formulated, natural dog food for senior dogs, it’s not uncommon for small or toy breed dogs to live to be 15 years or older. A breeder, vet or pet shop manager can tell you the typical lifespan of your particular breed, but in general, smaller breeds live longer than larger breeds. With good medical attention, a sound, nutritious diet and plenty of TLC, your dog can expect many great years with your family.