No Compromise: Pet Food Safety & Quality Video
Watch the dedication and passion our associates have for food safety and quality.
Crafted in our USA facilities with the finest ingredients from around the world.
- We own our pet dry food facilities in Lebanon, Tenn and Victorville, Calif.
- We conduct more than 600 quality checks a day.
- Quality experts work onsite to ensure we meet all safety standards and certifications.
- Our dedicated sanitation experts oversee highly sophisticated daily cleaning and sanitation plans. They also supervise at least one complete shutdown for in-depth cleaning and sanitation per week.
- All of our facilities are inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- We adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Hygiene Practices, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points - all regulated by the FDA.
What is Safety Certification?
We partnered with other pet food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers from the American Feed Industry Association to create an independent, third-party certification program focused exclusively on pet food manufacturing safety. This program is called The Assured & Approved Pet Food Manufacturing Facility Certification Program.
- It goes far beyond existing pet food regulations to establish comprehensive standards of excellence to maximize pet food safety.
- This program is entirely voluntary.
- It serves as a reliable way to measure the safety standards of a pet food company.
Our Dry Pet Food Manufacturing Practices Are Safety Certified
For NUTRO™ brand this means that at our dry pet food manufacturing facilities we have:
- Defined ingredient standards and ingredient-receiving specifications.
- Nutritional standards and safety testing for finished products.
- Verified food-safety policies and practices.
- Tracking of all ingredients and finished products.
For more details about the facility certification program, visit www.petfoodfacility.org.
Freshness and Stability
- We buy our own ingredients.
- We can trace all of our natural ingredients back to the supplier.
- We work directly with our suppliers to constantly monitor and improve the freshness, quality and stability of our natural ingredients.
Pet Food Testing Measures
- We've more than doubled our pet food ingredient tests and plan to keep up the effort.
- We test every grain shipment for mycotoxins (secondary metabolites of fungal origin that are toxic to animals and humans) before we even unload them.
- We test our natural, key ingredients to ensure they meet our nutritional and food-safety parameters.
- Every finished product batch goes through careful testing to confirm microbiological safety, nutritional compliance and oxidation testing to confirm shelf stability before we ship it.